Our minds can be overrun with things we need to do, worries, desires and overall busyness.
An exercise I find very helpful at times is to write out everything that is going on in my head.
I have provided an example of a journal entry below.
JOURNAL ENTRY JULY 20, 2011
So much in my head.
I am taking no action to improve my situation.
I am a follower and scared to take a stand or contribute.
I show no emotion, excitement, joy.
I put up a wall to protect myself from pain, a fear of losing.
I am constantly focused on how I can make more money, how to find time to exercise and do
I don’t feel present.
I continue to seek help from outside.
I continue to explore new careers or business opportunities.
I have trouble focusing and end up not getting a lot done.
I need your help, guidance & support to get through this.
Exercise for You
- Write out whatever is going on in your head. Good, bad, ugly. Write it out and notice what happens.
- A powerful question to ask yourself after you do this is, what are you making it mean about
- Is that actually true?
- What is the truth about yourself from a place of compassion and understanding?
Exercise for Your Team or Group
- As a team or group, you could spend some time allowing people to share their thoughts about the
- How can you use this information to make improvements to the productivity of your team?
Access more resources online
Facebook: Click here to visit us on Facebook
YouTube: Click here to view video lessons
Online program: Click here for more info
This blog post is from Lesson #17 from the book, “Engage, Connect, Grow – 52 lessons to guide individuals and corporate teams to the heart of what truly matters to them.”