This is lesson 8 in Part 1 of my upcoming book, “Engage, Connect, Grow – 52 lessons to guide individuals and corporate teams to the heart of what truly matters to them.” The book is coming out in the Fall of 2017.
Are there struggles that continue to show up in your life?
Here is a journal entry I wrote back in 2010 about a repeating pattern I noticed with my own struggles.
JOURNAL ENTRY DECEMBER 4, 2010
Questioned by people close to me—angry, irritated, tightness in chest, mind blocks
Argument—take it personally, want to be right, tightness in chest, mind black
Don’t express my opinion unless I know someone else agrees with me
Exercise for You
- What struggles continue to come up in your life? This could be related to communication, relationships, work, family, friends, etc.
- When was the first time the struggle occurred in your life?
- Who was there?
- What do you remember about the experience?
- How did you feel?
- What similarities do you notice with your current struggle(s)?
- What are some ideas about other ways you could approach your struggle(s)?
Exercise for Your Team or Group
- What struggles continue to come up with the team or group?
- What patterns, if any, does the team or group notice with these struggles?
- If people are open to it, have the group share their individual struggles and notice if there are any patterns or themes between the team struggle and the individual struggles. Write about them here.
- With all this knowledge about the team or group struggle, what are some ideas about approaching it differently?
Connect with others and share your experience.
Click here to join our Facebook group