This is lesson 7 in Part 1 of my upcoming book, “Engage, Connect, Grow – 52 lessons to guide individuals and corporate teams to the heart of what truly matters to them.” The book is coming out in the Fall of 2017.
What does that voice in your head want to say right now?
Here is an example of me journaling about my thoughts.
JOURNAL ENTRY JULY 1, 2010
It is time to get off my ass.
It is time to be a man.
It is time to go out of my comfort zone.
It time to stop planning & start asking.
It is time for me to enjoy and cherish every day.
It is time for me to plan meals and do it.
It is time for me to write more.
It is time for me to stop thinking I would fail at running a business.
It is time for me to start living my passion.
It is time for me to be romantic again.
It is time for me to stop living in the past & future.
It is time for now.
It is time for me to stop worrying about every freaking thing.
It is time for me to express my opinion.
It is time for me to have a backbone.
It is time for me to be the leader I was made to be.
It is time for me to be an optimist.
It is time to believe in the greater good.
It is time to be selfless.
It is time to truly care about others.
It is time to be compassionate.
It is time to stop looking at what I don’t have.
It is time to enjoy the simple things in life.
It is time to live everyday like it is my last.
It is time to exercise more.
It is time to laugh more.
It is time to be a part of the community.
It is time to give back.
It is time to be me for me.
It is time to stop thinking somebody’s always watching me.
It is time to be the father I aspire to be.
It is time to write self-help books to help others live their dreams.
It is time to be the teacher I have always wanted to be.
It is time to look beyond the politics.
It is time to see the big picture.
It is time to be healthy and energetic.
It is time to be full of love.
It is time for change like I have never faced before.
It is time to really live my life.
It is time to be present.
It is time to show the world that greed is not the answer.
It is time to not fall back into the rat race.
It is time to rise above the daily grind to see the ultimate destination.
Exercise for You
- Spend some time letting the words come out to describe your thoughts, whatever they may be.
- If you recall words from earlier in the day, feel free to write them as well.
- Notice and write about how you felt as you wrote the words above.
Exercise for Your Team or Group
- Have each member of the team write down their thoughts related to the team or group. These are immediate thoughts that come to mind or ones that could be ongoing through the day, week, or month.
- As a group, have people share their thoughts with the rest of the group if people are open to it. Notice any similarities among members of the group.
- As a group, spend some time discussing how sharing can help the group with its overall intention or goal.
- Create some specific action steps to implement any new ideas or initiatives that have resulted from doing this exercise.
Connect with others and share your experience.
Click here to join our Facebook group